Thursday, May 22, 2008

and after a prolific lapse in entry-writing...

it appears all the bodily functions are in proper order and the brain is still churning away. splendid! there be no better conditions to compose a fresh journal entry!

so, since my last transcription much has occurred. i shall relate it all in a jumble of mismatched memory and purposely exaggerated language.

as you may not have known, journal, i was most unluckily unemployed after my previous job as science research monkey for a corrupt environmental NPO in midtown manhattan. i had no choice but to fall back into my old vices: WoW and heroin. i still applied to jobs, mostly those in the san fran bay area, but as my trip to the holy land was looming like the cleaved halves of the parted red sea, i could not put my heart into it until i had no great plans ahead of me. once i returned back home from the land of milk and honey, thought i, then i will surely make a drastic move to alter these dire circumstances. and yet before even that, gaining vocational assurance before i jump on the desert-bound plane would surely relieve me of chest-burdening loads.

so i kept up the hunt, and managed to follow up with a friend out in california who was trying to pull me into her company as a GIS technician (my decided current career goal). but in the meantime, my pockets were yielding nothing but moths, and i took it upon me to find a more humble station that would provide me with sufficient coin to continue my lifestyle of unfettered hedonism and luxury. this particular job was counterstaff at a peanut butter-themed cafe in the vicinity of washington square park, now unfortunately under construction. i made milk shakes, peanut butter shakes, peanut butter and jelly shakes, lime rickies, egg creams, ice cream sundaes oozing with peanut butter, and poured one thousand-odd cups of milk. what a rush. my coworkers were all the most darling individuals and i had a regular blast. but as all good things come to an end, this too eventually saw its demise.

so there remains a week or so until my departure from the soil of this my country, and i am quite happily unemployed and unburdened by work or duty. it is interesting that free time can only be fully appreciated when it is buffered by some kind of work. while unemployed before for a good three months, i dreaded the limitless time that threatened my sanity and intimidated me to such an extent that even the prospect of working on creative enterprises seemed impossible. but this time is much appreciated, and it even feels like a reward. job well done!

and i shall keep up this journal in israel as i did in europe for all my fans. this i have decided.

No comments: