Thursday, June 12, 2008

gtalk convo fun time

let's discover how jamie's dark secrets are revealed when he succumbs to the hypnotic truth-wrenching effects of gtalk!

Dean's away message: Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.

me: i hope that's dunkin' yr drunkin'
Dean-Lorenz: not out here i'm sorry to report
but i'm cutting down on the D&D a bit
me: i'm not. i'm already a lvl 7 wizard with magic missile specialty.
ogres beware!
Dean-Lorenz: yikes
me: wait.... you're not an ogre, are you?
kum sanam saleiam tulus!
Dean-Lorenz: i was this morning
me: too late. i just banished you to the Outer Realms.
Dean-Lorenz: i'm sure if i had any idea what the hell that meant i'd be impressed
me: have fun wading in the Blood Pits with your orcish brethren
Dean-Lorenz: this is what happens when we try to have 'real' conversations
me: this is why jamie still has "no job"
Dean-Lorenz: i'll cede you that
Sent at 3:24 PM on Wednesday
Dean-Lorenz: oh.
D&D.
I get it now.

4 comments:

Mike Donohue said...

That's real funny. I went to the Japanese unemployment office the other day, and they were like "holy s*** what's this gaijin doing here" ... but they found a few hotel front desk jobs I might be interested in ;)

aparna said...

i lol'd. :P

mdove said...

that's kind of like what every day was in tokushima for me. walkin' down the michi, just a harmless little sanpo, and based on everyone's expressions, i felt like either a hollywood star or a freak show cow with two heads.

Mike Donohue said...

yeeeep, just a harmless lil sanpo down the ol michi ... NO NEED TO GET all WAKUWAKU on me ...